With Kaukauna Sharp Cheddar Spreadable Cheese
Give your traditional BLT a tasty twist with this delicious Cheddar BLT. Velvety Kaukauna Cheddar Cheese combined with the tanginess of fried green tomatoes creates the perfect sandwich for any occasion.
HOW TO MAKE IT
For Fried Green Tomatoes:
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a mixing bowl, reserve.
- Place flour and cornmeal in separate shallow containers, reserve.
- Dredge sliced tomatoes in flour to evenly and lightly coat.
- Shake off excess flour. Then dip tomatoes in milk and egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off.
- 5 Dredge tomatoes in cornmeal.
- Fry tomatoes in the fryer until light golden brown in color. Remove from the fryer and drain.
- Prepare as needed.
To Make A Cheddar BLT:
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Kaukauna Cheddar Spreadable Cheese on the inside crown and heel of toasted ciabatta bun.
- Place 1/2 cup arugula on the heel.
- Top with 3 fried green tomatoes, 2 strips of bacon folded into “V’, and the ciabatta crown.